I’ll (DJ Kyle Long) be performing this weekend at the opening of the Indianapolis Museum of Art’s Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park.
Saturday, June 19 – 6-10pm & Sunday, June 20 – 12-4pm. Free admission on Sunday.
I’ll be DJing with Robert Carlos Lange aka Epstein, aka Helado Negro. Lange is a talented musician and artist. Check out some of his work:
Intro: Facundo Cabral
1. Gato Barbieri – Vidala Triste
2. Grupo Folklorico y Experimental Neoyorquino – Canto Asoyin
3. Los Fronterizos – Pollerita Colorada
4. Atahualpa Yupanqui – Duerme Negrito
5. Meta Rumba – Mongo Santamaria y Amigos
6. Victor Jara – En Algun Lugar Del Puerto
8. Grupo Folklorico y Experimental Neoyorquino – Canto Ebioso
9. Facundo Cabral – No Soy de Aqui, Ni Soy De Alla.
More about 100 Acres:
“100 Acres: The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park will be one of the largest museum art parks in the country, and the only one to feature the ongoing commission of site-specific artworks. When it opens in June 2010, 100 Acres will present art projects, exhibitions and discussions designed to strengthen the public’s understanding of the unique, reciprocal relationships between contemporary art and the natural world. The Indianapolis Museum of Art will be home to eight site-specific commissions, which will inaugurate 100 Acres. Atelier Van Lieshout, Kendall Buster, Alfredo Jaar, Jeppe Hein, Los Carpinteros, Tea Mäkipää, Type A, and Andrea Zittel, will create temporary, site-specific works that explore and respond to the varied environments of the Park. These eight artists will be the first in a series of ongoing commissions.”